Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy
In our clinic, we provide effective orthopedic surgical care for a wide variety of knee and hip conditions using state-of-the-art technology and the board-certified expertise of Dr. Brett Gilbert. These advanced treatment options include:
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement. Using minimally invasive, muscle-sparing approaches, Dr. Gilbert can replace your hip joint with a prosthesis, and preserve the major muscles and tendons around the joint. These muscle-sparing techniques require a much smaller incision than traditional surgery, and can result in reduced pain and a speedier recovery.
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement. This procedure involves the replacement of diseased or damaged joint surfaces in your knee with high-tech components, which are designed to restore your range of motion, correct the alignment of your leg, and resolve your knee pain. Special minimally invasive techniques can preserve muscles, decrease postoperative pain, and improve recovery.
- Minimally Invasive Partial Knee Replacement. If your knee only has arthritis in one spot, and the rest of the knee is healthy, replacing only the damaged portion of your knee with a partial knee replacement can quickly restore your mobility with less pain and more natural function.
- MAKOplasty Robotic-Assisted Joint Replacement. This exciting robotic-arm assisted technology helps provide patients with a personalized surgical experience. A three-dimensional model of your hip or knee will be used to develop a preoperative surgical plan, and then robotic guidance can assist Dr. Gilbert in performing and optimizing the accuracy of your joint replacement surgery.
- Knee Arthroscopy. During this minimally invasive procedure, Dr. Gilbert inserts a small camera (arthroscope) into the affected knee joint, allowing him to clearly see and repair the injury. Thanks to this cutting-edge technology, there is less pain and joint stiffness as well as a shorter recovery period than is typical with traditional, open surgery.
- Revision Total Hip and Knee Replacement. If you’re experiencing complications from a previous hip or knee replacement, Dr. Gilbert can surgically correct the problem by using implants specially designed to compensate for damaged bone and tissue.
- Outpatient Joint Replacement. Using the latest advances in minimally invasive surgical techniques and rapid recovery pathways, joint replacement surgery is now routinely done as an outpatient procedure with the ability to safely return home with your new hip or knee on the same day as the operative procedure.